The Olympic Games will finally take flight tomorrow and in the midst of all the boundless excitement and chaotic energy, we thought we would present a miniature itinerary to help make the festivities easier to digest.
1) The Opening Ceremony is being dubbed “The Isles of Wonder” and Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle will be the artistic director.
2) The fun begins after Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh give their blessing.
3) British actor Daniel Craig will reprise his role as James Bond in a short film that will be screened during the televised opening ceremony
4) Actors Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt will both narrate a powerful five-minute montage that will serve as the show’s precursor.
5) The official anthem for the Olympics is Survival courtesy of the British band Muse.
6) For the first time, women’s boxing will be part of the roster.
7) Sir Paul McCartney is scheduled to perform at the closing of the opening ceremony, and The Spice Girls will also be on hand to help bring the festivities to a close.